Tuesday 9 October 2012

Kate Ford still suffers from panic attacks and OCD

She may be one of Coronation Street's more feisty characters, but in real-life Kate Ford is far from Tracy Barlow.
The 35-year-old actress, who has admitted in the past that she suffers from OCD and panic attacks, revealed that her latest storyline made her feel rather anxious.
In the ITV1 soap, Tracy is enjoying a fling with Ryan Connor (played by Sol Heras) but Kate admits that she was 'nervous' about filming intimate scenes with him.
'Nervous': Kate Ford has admitted that she felt anxious about filming intimate scenes with her onscreen lover played by Sol Heras because she has been married for six years
'Nervous': Kate Ford has admitted that she felt anxious about filming intimate scenes with her onscreen lover played by Sol Heras because she has been married for six years

'I’ve been married for six years and not kissed anyone else. You feel out of that whole thing,'
It is this sort of situation that could set off a panic attack for the brunette star, but luckily her TV director husband, Jon Connerty, is more than understanding and has helped with her panic attacks.
'When I’m in Manchester I do this thing on the phone with Jon every single night, where I go through a check-list of things he needs to do before he goes to bed,' Kate explained.
The 35-year-old has been very open about suffering with OCD in the past, and admits that she still lives with it today
The 35-year-old has been very open about suffering with OCD in the past, and admits that she still lives with it today

'I say: "Have you checked the oven’s off? Have you checked you’ve locked the back door? Is the car locked? Is the intercom on to hear Otis? Is the alarm on?"
'I do it every night – I’ve never missed. I have to do it. One time I couldn’t get in touch with him and I couldn’t get to sleep.
'Jon indulges me in it. He probably hates it and I don’t know whether he’s really checked or not, but he says yes!'
The couple currently live in South London with their four-year-old son Otis, but Kate has suffered from OCD since she was young and reveals it was 'really bad' in her Twenties.
Kate, pictured here with her husband Jon Connerty in 2007, said that he 'indulges' her in her OCD habits
Kate, pictured here with her husband Jon Connerty in 2007, said that he 'indulges' her in her OCD habits

'I could check the oven 20 times before going to bed and all the sockets had to be turned off,' she said. 'It’s like your brain gets stuck in a loop.'
The actress went on to say that she found it easier when her character seduced Weatherfield's bad boy, David Platt, because 'at that stage' she was dating in real-life as well.
'I’d only just met Jon,' she said. 'So I was kind of into that whole thing of going out and snogging people. The age difference made it slightly embarrassing too – I’m in cougar territory now!'
Get Today’s Top Free Apps